Profiles for Students at Auldern
Auldern students come from all over the United States as well as from overseas, with different backgrounds and all with very specific and unique therapeutic and academic goals. They are typically described as “struggling teens” which means that they may be struggling at home, experiencing stress and lack of success at school, and/or having difficulty in their relationships with family and friends.
The following lists a variety of characteristics of a student who is appropriate for Auldern:
- Ages 13–18; grades 8—12
- Has a full scale IQ of 85 or above
- Displays mild self-harming behavior
- Use and/or abuse of alcohol/drugs
- Defiance toward parents & others
- Poor Impulse Control
- Negative peer group relationships
- Low self-esteem
- Refusal to attend school
- Adoption issues
- Lack of respect for authority
- Attachment issues (adoption)
- Emotionally withdrawn
- Trouble building and maintaining relationships
- Difficulty picking up on social cues
- Overall low motivation
- Inability to adhere to rules or limits
- Poor school performance and lack of motivation in school
- Learning differences such as ADHD, Processing and/or Working Memory issues
- Loss of interest/participation in previously enjoyed activities
If your daughter is struggling in some of these areas, Auldern Academy might be the perfect place for her and your family to get help and become successful.
Please contact our Admissions Department for further information.
Unfortunately, we may not be able to serve the needs of all students or families. The following are reasons that would prohibit a student’s admission into Auldern Academy:
- Significant aggression towards others outside of the home.
- Actively suicidal or recent suicide attempt.
- Displaying behaviors and symptoms of a psychotic disorder.
- Active eating disorder
- Medical conditions that require constant monitoring by a physician or other health care professional.
- Physical or medical condition that would prevent participation in daily and sometimes rigorous physical activity.
- Sexual acting out toward other peers
- Fire-setting behaviors
- Students who are 18 years of age and do not agree with nor consent to their enrollment.
Auldern Academy is an equal opportunity service provider and does not discriminate in the services we provide to our students. Students are admitted without regard to race, color, creed, religion or culture.